Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Disaster strikes

So, I finally sit down to start quilting Jack (after procrastinating for a few months), and what should happen 1/4 of the way through.... technical problems.

The back of my quilt is now looking like a spaghetti dinner-- Now as much as I love a good spaghetti, this is not good.


Any ideas on how to fix it?? I've tweaked the bobbin thread, checked the feed dogs, made sure the threads are all to the back of the foot, checked stitch length and width, and then I ran outta ideas :( Can any of you help?

I think that my little baby is going to be visiting the sewing machine hospital, which means I am on a Sewing fast for the next few weeks. Luckily I am all up to date with my quilt bees!

3 comments:

  1. Noooooo! I've had this happen but I don't have a solution. I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm, I'm a little emabarassed to admit I've had a similar problem that was caused by me FORGETTING TO PUT DOWN THE PRESSER FOOT. duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check your tension, sometimes it slips. Play with it on a piece of scrap till it's back to normal

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from other Crafty folks