Friday, July 17, 2009

The other man in my Life

Poor Jack has been basted for about 2 weeks but I havn't had the energy have been to lazy to commit to such a big project.

As a brief re-cap, we had a Union Jack bedspread that was stolen when our cabin had a break in about 15 years ago ( it was the only thing they took, not the water skis, wetsuits etc, the bedspread- yeah, weird I know!).


My brother and I last summer at the Cabin- often a Union Jack is flying on the flag pole!


H and my Dad on the catamaran last summer

Our cabin is on Indian Arm, a finger of the Pacific that runs inland, about 30 min from my parent's house, it's an amazing place hidden from the busy city life (no TV- only solar power, no cars- boat access only). I wanted to make something for my parents, as well as the whole family to enjoy, so I naturally thought, a quilt. After seeing this amazing quilt, I had my inspiration.





So, while my family lazes around "up the Arm" back home (and love rubbing it in my face), I've bitten the bullet and starting on the quilting- sigh... I'd much rather be reading a magazine on the dock with a beer though...

2 comments:

  1. Jack is going to be SO lovely! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at it! It's going to be all worth it!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from other Crafty folks