Friday, June 19, 2009

Baby's got Back

Mmmm gotta love a bit o' Sir Mix-a-lot on a friday night!

So remember this guy.... (yeah I do still sew, I know it's been a while!)


Yup, that's Jack. Now that my Ziggy is all done (ahead of schedule even, go me!), I dug Jack out of the cupboard, and sewed up his back- wait that sounds wrong.... I made the backing for my Union Jack quilt! You might remember I found this fab mermaid fabric for the backing, as the peeps at the Fabric Shack didn't have enough left for a full back of the mermaids (it's now discontinued), I managed to find a few coordinating fabrics, and made a pieced back.
Since I'm pretty anal, I'm a bit nervous freaked out about the lines on the back and how it will all line up once it's quilted. As I have yet to master free motion quilting, I am going to stick with straight line quilting, and I'm afraid that the quilting will only make it more obvious ... I think I'll be picking out a lot of quilting before I get it right!

My plan is to add a bit of zing to the all blue back with a nice red binding- like the sailor knots
?!

Mermaids: Shimmer of the Sea by R. Kaufman, Blue: Kona Pacific, Bubbles; Paddington Bear by Timeless Treasures, Knots: VIP by Cranston

Oops, maybe I should have ironed it before taking pics...

This weekend we are off to visit H's family and the re-enactment of the battle of Waterloo, so the basting and quilting will have to wait until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...
    My....
    Goodness...

    GIRL!!!! I'm loving "Jack"... That's absolutley BEAUTIMUS! Can't wait to see it all quilted! (And to get to know you better through the MishMash StashBash!)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from other Crafty folks