At first I was fine with that, and then I started to get all angst-y worrying that we weren't going to be ready in time, as between work, a ~3 week vacation to Europe and my decreasing mobility/agility, I know the time will be flying by. So, to somewhat ease my worries, this weekend operation Get Ready for Baby went into overdrive.
What did that look like you ask?!:
- Containing the chaos that has been my sewing area- especially as the "office/ sewing room" is now a "spare room/office/sewing room" - with so many functions in one relatively small space, organization is key to making sure our guests don't get drowned in quilting fabric!
- It's taken ages so far and is still in progress!
- Getting started on the refurb/beautification of the first of our DIY nursery projects, a nine drawer mid century dresser which, when we picked it up, was looking pretty roughed up and drab.
- Followed by recruiting a helper (aka my dad), to assist H in cutting down the new to us bi-fold doors for the nursery and above mentioned spare room/office/sewing room, as neither of these rooms have had closet doors since we moved in and removed the wood louvered ones almost 2 years ago! This is even more
sadpathetic considering that we had bought replacements ..... last year (hanging head in shame).
- Now, to paint them.... and then hang them!
- And finally..... ordering parts for our DIY nursery mobile.
Lot's more details (and pics) to come!