Yup, we have a little Waffle on the way! We survived the first trimester (we're due end of August), but between a change at work leading to much more business travel, and constantly feeling drained from 1st trimester exhaustion, any non-baby baking projects have been on the back burner for the last little while.
I'm hoping that the exhaustion will start going away as I enter the 2nd trimester so we can get back to our regularly scheduled program of projects, but regardless, we'll have lots-o-things a going on 'round here while we prepare for our new family member:
- Create a nursery
- several re-fabulous-izing projects are already planned on some existing furniture
- Sew a baby quilt - 'cuz hello our babe needs an awesome quilt for their room
- Finish off some house projects to prep for baby
- re-do entry stairs
- phase 1 of fencing off the garden to create a safe/secure play area
- convert the carport to a garage (hello baby stuff storage!)
- A trip back to Belgium in May to celebrate with our overseas families and friends (~5 months preggers-eek!)
- Create Belgian style birth announcements and "doop suikers" for visitors
- ...... about a billion other things....
Oh, and as to how we told the Canadian half of our family....
We snuck it into a special birthday card for my Mom!