Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A sea of white

January is my month as "Queen bee" for MMSB and after agonizing for ages over what I would have my little workers make for me, H and I came up with our master plan for a waaaay cool picnic quilt. This brilliant plan combines some retro style quilt bocks with fun wonky word blocks... hopefully it looks as good in real life as it does in my head!

Because MMSB is a stash busting bee, we send out one fabric and they build the rest of the block(s) from their fabric stash.

So, to make 2010 start out with a bang... the lovely ladies in my bee will be receiving some of this...


No, do not adjust your screen... I really am sending them different scraps of whites.

So that all of the blocks are congruous (umm, that's a word right??!), I'm hoping for a scrappy white background (to better hide future picnic stains, as well as to help blend in any stash whites that need to be added). To this they will be adding the colour and any extra whites necessary.
The holiday countdown is on (1 day to go then I'm in Vancouver for 3 weeks, woohoo!!), so here they are all packaged up and ready to go (trees not included!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from other Crafty folks