Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Recipe for Success

One fun thing about living in a foreign country is how your typical food is unique and exotic. My "almost SIL" is a huge fan of apple crumble, and every time we visit them, I get pleading eyes and not so subtle hints to bring some with me.

Over the weekend, H and I had a family birthday party to attend, so we decided to make up some crumble to take with us --I have no skill at food photography, so sorry, you don't get to see our masterpieces- but it looked kinda like this:



In an effort to share the wealth, and to avoid desperate crumble emergency calls, H and I translated my apple crumble recipe (from my 8th grade Home Economics book no less!) from English into Dutch. When the time came to write it out nicely, I had no appropriate note paper so I had to resort to using the solitary sad and a bit scruffy looking index card in our house. Yeah, very un-Martha of me I know, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

In an effort to be better prepared for next time, I decided to make up some cute recipe cards and thought that you all might enjoy them too.


I'm not sure how to link from my blog to a pdf, so if you are interested in a copy of the recipe cards (or know how to link to a PDF) please drop me a line.

Edit: I now know how this should work, please click hereto go to the PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from other Crafty folks