Monday, April 25, 2011

By my apron strings

I've been making great strides with my apron... I managed to get the "skirt" finished yesterday, contrast piping and all.

I tried to do a pin ticked detail on the top... which didn't go so well. It looked right on the surface, but there were some serious structural flaws which meant over time it would have looked like a hot mess! So, today I went back to the drawing board, and brought out the big guns (aka a sewing book, yup... I went old school... a real book, no Google-ing was involved in the process), to learn how to properly make pintucks.

Luckily I was able to use my practise top as a chance to determine the correct size, spacing, and pattern for my final design, so it wasn't a total waste. And with the help of my friend, about an hour or so later I had properly executed pintucks.

Then It was a case of adding the neck straps and connecting the skirt to the top, et voila!

My version of Tea and Crumpets , complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from other Crafty folks