Saturday, February 28, 2009

Let the Games Begin

Last night H and I hit up the book fair in Leuven so I could stock up on english books.

Yes, the label is correct they are all a few euro`s a book! They had tons of quilting books (well, tons considering it`s belgium!), and I couldn`t resist picking one up about Japanese quilting.

One downside to living in a foreign country is that the libraries here don`t stock English books - except maybe Jane Eyre or Shakespeare... as they use them for school here. As a rather avid reader that really sucks since buying English books costs about 11EUR each! And as I spend a lot of time sitting at airports and in hotel rooms when on business trips, the books go quickly! - Now I can indulge for a fraction of the price - and guilt factor!

To top off my day, you will never guess what was waiting for me in my mailbox when we got home... a little something from Thailand!! Yup, the first round of Sew Connected 3 has begun, and Lin at Sew-do-I, sent over these fabric goodies.
As H had to work this afternoon, it`s just me my new book and my new fabric for a playdate!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize you had a blog before. I've added you now. :) I'm really excited about this first set of fabrics - mine are slightly different from yours, but similar.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from other Crafty folks