Monday, May 4, 2009

All Zipped Up

So the sewing machine and I rocked out this weekend... I managed to design the back of Jack as well as get Ziggy all zipped up, basted and quilted. I was also hoping to bind it, but I couldn't find a fabric in my stash to finish it off.

All quilted and ready to bind (H had a little... ahem... assistance in picking the order, yeah I'm a bit of a control freak, I know!)

I was thinking red or yellow (as blue is too "boy" and I thought green would be a bit OTT as the backing is the super cute owl print with a green background)- but then being anal critical I thought it'd look a bit "lopsided" as the red and yellow are on the ends- so now I am thinking about ordering a dark brown- to tie the brown owls on the back to the front (and to make a nice strong "frame" around the quilt).

Whadda you think? Red, Yellow, Brown or something else?? I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Ok, I'm off to pack, I'm in Budapest for the rest of the week, Sziasztok!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from other Crafty folks