Friday, November 2, 2012

Sketching it out

I've been trying out sketchup to visualize some ideas for our fireplace wall that have been rolling around in my head for a long time.  I'm hoping that the sad, blank slate we started with a year and a bit ago....
 
 
Which through some DIY improvements to the brick and fire guard and the addition of some art is currently looking like this
 
 
Can be brought to the next level.  Helped by some online inspiration like these images via houzz.
                         
                                   
                                            
 
I think the 'next level' for our fireplace wall is here.....
 

 
 
I am now moving onto "what is going in it and where " stage and have some ideas already on the "the how to build it" stage.   I'm thinking either this shelving system  painted out in the wall colour
 
design found via here
Or Ikea floating shelves in white (or wall colour?), for a look similar to the 3rd inspiration image, might be our winner for a DIY solution for the shelving... The wrap around mantle on the other hand.... I think we may need to hire out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from other Crafty folks