Saturday, March 14, 2009

Making Royal Progress

Hiya,

So ,as I mentioned the other day although you haven't seen it, I have been busy... Now that I have all the necessary fabrics for the Secret Quilt, I have been busy piecing it together. Tonight was a big moment when I had to see if all of my calculations were correct... and so far so good. I almost chickened out of splitting the blue square 'cuz it was going to be a ahem.. pain to repair if I messed it up, but I soldiered on...
I am soooooo excited about this... it's looking even better than I had hoped. I hope it wasn't just beginners lick that made it work so perfectly, but that'll have to wait for another day as my back is dead so I have to stop for tonight.

Another thing I made was a new pin cushion... I have a very bad habit of poking pins/needles in the sofa while quilting and watching TV. H hates it (and I can't really blame him as it is pretty dangerous and I end up loosing or forgetting them half the time). So, here is Karl...

Finally, I met up with Dallas from my quilting bee and her friend Ali and we had a great day exploring Creativa. Knowing Dallas her pictures will be much more inspiring so head over there to check them out.

We all couldn't resist a bit of shopping (and lots of drooling), over the fab stuff they had. The expo hall was full of quilt shops, scrapbooking, flower arranging, etc. considering there is no Michael's in Belgium, it was the most crafty stuff by far I have seen since moving here... Fun!

Looks like it might be the beginning of a beautiful crafty relationship :)

2 comments:

  1. Sarah: I absolutely love your secret quilt....I love how you've used the different colors of red and blue. Can't wait to see it finished. And I adore Karl. What a great idea. Love, elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your secret quilt looks quite amazing! I'm jealous of your's and Dallas's talents!

    We need to schedule a craft night soon. It would be fun to have a girls night and hopefully we'd be productive or at least share ideas.

    I'm a bit behind on my blog, but someday I'll post something about our outing to Creativa!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from other Crafty folks