Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fabric Love

The past week has been full of great fabric goodness. First of all, I visited a new to me quilt shop about 20 minutes drive from where I live. After dragging H there I felt the need to buy something to justify the trip- after almost fainting at 16.50 EUR per meter and up price tags - I stocked up on these goodies for my Secret Quilt, and in preparation for my month of Sew Connected 3 (I am June).
Then Elaine my super-duper partner in Darci's Wish it was Spring fat quarter swap, spoiled me rotten by sending over not two but 3 yummy Heather Bailey's.
And finally, my second order from the Fabric Shack (yup, they are still fabulous!) sent me these goodies :) Most are for the Surprise Quilt, but a few are for the Sew Connected 3 quilt, and a uni-sex baby quilt... plus a few others that just happened to fall into my shopping basket.
I know you haven't seen much yet, but work really has begun on the Secret Quilt. I had a bit of a slow start as I realized that I had miscalculated and needed more blocks than planned- hence the extra shopping. As we call them in my family these "brain farts" are becoming a more regular occurrence for me. Hmmm, I think I might have to invest in some of those brain boosting pills...

1 comment:

  1. Funny, Sarah, that as I was browsing in my favorite fabric shop yesterday, I was thinking about you! And I had fabric "accidentally" fall into my cart, too. We really do think alike I'm anxious to see more of your posts, and see what you make with your beautiful new fabrics...love the dogs!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from other Crafty folks