Saturday, January 30, 2010

He`s got a dirty face

I`ve been plugging away on my Christmas paper piecing blocks (2.5 more done, woo woo!). I say 2.5 because I was happily dry ironing away while working on a block when this happened...


Yeah... my penguin has a dirty face :(

I am pretty sure it is from the black fabric not the iron -- because silly ole me was too psyched about making more blocks lazy and impatient to bother pre-washing the new black fabric that I picked up last weekend.

I gave him a quick face wash, which seemed to get most of the black off, and finished him up, but now I don`t know what to do. Do I:
1. Chalk it it to experience and start again (with pre-washed black fabric!)
or do I
2. Throw caution to the wind and put him into the quilt and cross my fingers that the black won't bleed into his pretty white face?
Has anyone had any experience with this? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
On a happier note, my little Christmas project is really starting to come together.

all patterns from Sewhooked excluding the 3 tree block

1 comment:

  1. First I'd like to say that I love this project of yours.
    With regards to the penguin:
    I'd say pre-wash the black fabric and make another block because if you leave it as is it is either going to bother you forever or bleed all over the rest of the quilt at the smallest sign of water (or both).

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from other Crafty folks