Monday, July 26, 2010

Avoiding withdrawl

With the wedding now over and and the visitors heading back home, H and I are now settling into our new lives. Things have been pretty busy sorting out all the practical things... medical coverage, bank accounts, cell phones etc... but with my fabric still trapped in the evil metal box sea container travelling the Atlantic, I've been developing a serious quilting itch. Now that I have all this free time I'm dying to dig into my WIP stash and to try and make a dent in it before real life (aka a full time job) takes hold.

Today I headed out with my mom to keep her company, stove shopping since hers has packed it in. And you'll never guess what fell into my shopping basket...


Okay, it wasn't from the stove shop, but we did stop in at Fabricana which is across the street (side note: I hadn't been there in years- since my figure skatin' days... and was pleasently surprised by the variety of prints available... but then again maybe I've just got low expectations due to the crap poor selection I have been exposed to in Belgium for the last few years. Anyways, I digress, as I was saying.... what deprived quilter could pass up a 50% off quilting fabrics sale, I mean seriously... it'd be a crime to pass it up!! It's lucky for my bank account that we arrived 5 minutes before closing or who knows what might have happened...

1 comment:

We love to hear from other Crafty folks