Friday, July 10, 2009

Sleep On it

I don't know if I've mentioned that I've joined another quilting bee-- this one hosted by some Canadian sisters (woohoo, go Canada!!). H thinks I'm nuts for joining another bee, but I just smiled and did it anyway- what do boys know anyways!

The big difference between this bee and my other one, is that in this one you send out 1 fabric and everyone else has to dig through their stash to find co-ordinating fabrics so you end up with a really scrappy quilt, and an excuse to buy more fabrics use up some of your own stash/scraps. It started this month, Kerry (another Freckle-y canuck ;) ) sent our her fabric early, and we received some Alex Henry Starling fabric.


She likes squares and rectangles, hinting at log cabins, so I came up with this.
But, the more I looked at it the less I liked it... So, I slept on it, and the next morning I still didn't like it, so after work I sat and ripped out about 90% of the seams, added some other fabrics into the mix and came up with this:



Luckily, this version I love, and maybe this time I'll learn that I should not force these bee blocks to be done in one sitting... hmm, probably not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from other Crafty folks